Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Thing 4: flickr



Originally uploaded by Marija Majerle
This photo (by Marija Majerle, http://www.flickr.com/photos/vertebrate/3058597701/) reminds me of my years in the Univ of MN Marching Band. Even though it was several years ago, seeing the band in formation in Northrop Auditorium brings back memories. BUT, back to the topic at hand....Flickr. It is a cool tool, but I can see it sapping a lot of time, especially if you start browsing. I won't be using it professionally anytime soon, but I'm glad that I know (at least minimally) how it works. The only other ways I've shared photos on the Internet is on Yahoo Groups and the email attachment methods.

Regarding public/private nature of the photos, I can see that one would need to be conscious and aware of how you're posting photos. While I love sharing photos of my kids, I don't think I'd want them out on Flickr as public and available for anyone to see, blog, whatever.

No comments: